Convict Child

My name is Elizabeth Haywood an I am thirteen years old. Let me tell you about my sorrowful selfish story of disaster. One fateful day, I saw a bonnet and a shawl so beautiful that I desperately needed it. I wish I had money to get them so I could actually buy  things myself, but I was so desperate that stole it. When I did, I was chased by the large man whom I stole from. I ran till  my heart was aching and my head was about to stop. After a lot of running I bumped into the skinniest police I had ever seen! (and believe me, I had seen lots!) Even though he was skinny he was quite fast and soon enough I was caught and getting shipped to Australia, as a convict. I wished I had just ignored the beautiful pink bonnet and lovely purple shawl and I should have just gone on with my day of starvation, but deep down inside I knew that I would not be able to.  When the ship full of convicts (including me) arrived to Australia we got sent out and were made as servants to farm and build. While I was watering the carrots I briefly saw a man and he looked different, and that’s when I realised that, that man had a different culture then the British. His skin was dark and he was holding a spear, he was looking at one of the British. I knew that war was going to come soon, but who would win?